Saturday, September 17, 2011

"Come Together "



At 16, I was drowning out my teenage angst by blasting Bush's Sixteen Stone. It got me through some pretty tough and dark times. More than 10 years later, I saw Gavin Rossdale in concert, live, right there, in person, and it was awesome. He was so animated and connected with the crowd. I felt like I could get a sense of him, as if I knew him. Feeling this connection through the distance of a stage and rock-band persona was memorizing. The real thing can not, CAN NOT be beaten. The influence that these guys had over me, makes me realise the connection we have as human's to each other. I recently watched a Lindsey Vonn documentary. She spoke about a woman downhill skier she idolized as a child saying one day, I want to be like her. And now she is; even better I would argue.
You never know when you could be that platform for someone else to jump from. But only if you be the best you can be and build your own platform to perform on can that happen. Life is but a stage and we have our part to perform our finest hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment