Sunday, February 14, 2010

C.R.A.S.H-B's



Known as the World Indoor Rowing Championships, the event drew a record crowd at Boston University’s Agganis Arena. Over 2,000 athletes from across the globe vied for the famed hammer trophy. The C.R.A.S.H.-B. Sprints originated in 1982 when a group of Boston rowers, some on the US National and Olympic Rowing teams training out of Harvard University’s Newell Boathouse, named themselves the “Charles River All-Star Has-Beens” and organized the first indoor meet of its kind. Today, the C.R.A.S.H.-B.

I was back in Boston after Head of the Charles. This time the Charles was unrowable. The frozen memories reflected back as we drove past.

Once again, the Driscoll/Houlihan family hosted us. And Margaret and Tim came out to visit with Carlos and myself. The table was full of conversation as I remember from St. Catherines at the Ridley Gate Manor.

JL Racing shipped out my race uni, and hopefully soon we will be designing more Ursula gear. I’m thinking a crazy mix of african patterns, and then the stars and purple continues to identify me.

Valentines day dawned and my date with a C2 ergometer was waiting. At the start of the race, a multi-national line pulled hard, as I heard greek, french, and german around me. The end result was not quite what I wanted. However quite an experience to learn from.

For complete results, visit http://www.crash-b.org
For more photos, visit http://scullingfool.smugmug.com

No comments:

Post a Comment